Factory Explorer® Technical Alert #28
For Windows 2000 Users of Factory Explorer® v2.7
Summary: The current HASP drivers supplied with the Factory Explorer® v2.7
CD may not install properly on a computer with Windows 2000. If you are
not using Windows 2000, please disregard this Technical Alert.
- If you have tried to previously install the HASP drivers on a
Win2000 computer, the drivers are probably partially installed. Run your
existing HaspSetup.exe again to the point where you get the options
"Typical", "Custom", and "Uninstall". Choose "Uninstall" to remove the
existing drivers. This step should run without any error. If you do not
get an "Uninstall" button it means that the HASP drivers have not been
previously installed - in that case simply cancel the install and move on
to step 2.
- Open up a browser window and go to this URL:
(NOTE: Some company firewalls may not allow you to use ftp. In that case,
contact WWK for the updated HASP driver installation program).
- Download the file hdd32.zip and unzip it (will create hdd32.exe).
(NOTE: Hdd32.exe is the latest version of HaspSetup.exe - Hdd32.exe is the
name Aladdin assigns - we rename it to HaspSetup.exe when we include it
with Factory Explorer®.)
- Run Hdd32.exe to install the latest version of the HASP drivers. You
must be logged in as Administrator or as a user with Administrator
privileges to execute this step.
- Run Factory Explorer® to test that it can see the HASP key.
We will include these updated drivers with Factory Explorer® v2.8 beta6.